poems

Tuesday 11 May, 2010

Untrustworthy Human

        My balcony has become a breeding place for pigeons. A pair hatches the eggs, squabs come out of them, grow feathers and fly and a new female lays eggs, the process goes on. In evenings and mornings I see some pairs in romantic mood and good! I think, they do it here, I welcome their idea of privacy, and otherwise a love garden is not too far from my place. I have allotted balcony for their activities and I don’t mind cleaning the twigs of their nest which they litter all around. There is mutual consent between me and the pigeons, I don’t offend them in their place and they don’t do that in mine. Though I strictly follow the rule but they often try to encroach into my place. Other day they made a clumsy nest out side my window and laid there. A couple of days before a pair of small pink squabs came out of the eggs. I was worried if they fell down and died, in afternoon I fixed a plank under the nest to make it safer. But the next morning, when I went to investigate my arrangement, I found the nest empty; I could not locate the squabs neither the parents. Probably they felt insecure from my efforts and shifted their children to some other place.
       After all the birds should not trust wretched humans!

4 comments:

  1. arrreeee aapne ye kya kiya...........?
    school main hindi main ek kahani hua krti thi RAKSHAK NHI BHAKSHAK.usmain bhi aapke jaise kind hearted 2 kids ne pigeons k eggs ko hath lga diya tha jiske kaarn female ne vo egg gira diye the.mera to yhi maan na hai ki insaan ek aisa prani hai jis pr ensaaan to kya birds or animals bhi aitbaar nhi kr skte.........tabhi to us kahanikaar ne usko rakshak nhi bhakshak naam diya....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its communication gap between you and pigeon couple… All human beings speak some language through which they communicate their feelings, emotions and ideas. Birds, too, convey their message through some sound. May be when they don’t have any language in the sense as we have, since the intelligence of birds is low and their vocabulary is limited. Its not that they don’t trust human… Now I will come to the point of trust. It requires conscious commitment and ongoing attention. It is dynamic: it can be lost and it can be increased. One way to think about the importance of trust is to examine what happens when it does not exist.
    Aapne hamesha dekha hoga humare kadmo ki ahat se dana chug rahe sare parinde ek sath fadfadahat ke sath ud jate hai….wo kya hai DAR hai bus…. haan agar hum unse baat kar sakte to hum unko trust kya hai samjha sakte so I must say its language problem (:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    U r really a good observer how so many good thoughts come in your mind.. once u retire from your job plz be a writer. I am sure u will be great writer or next booker winner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that pigeon event is often played on our balcony ..but i never felt that it would be a nice topic to be written on...to keep observe of small things is gud...waiting for ur mew topic.

    ReplyDelete

your comment please