poems

Sunday 22 August, 2010

UNDISCIPLINED DISCIPLINE

         Two weeks back I was travelling by a train in general compartment. The compartment was full as usual. Some CRPF personnel, in uniform, were also there. One of these police man was drunk. He was not letting sit, any one, on the berth meant for five persons and usually 7-8 passengers, accommodate there. I tried to sit there but he pushed me aside. I saw, cops carried arms with them. I thought may be for the safety of the arms they were not allowing any one. Another passenger, incidentally an army man, sitting on the side seat, accommodated me. After some time I discovered from the fallow passengers that he was misbehaving with everyone. His fellow police men tried to calm him down but he would listen none. There after he was boosting himself that he is not scared if someone goes to even home minister, and he would go his own way. His behaviour was utterly disgusting.
         I don’t know how many of these policemen and their top brass realise that the biggest challenge before security forces, today, is neither terrorism nor naxalism but to win the trust of public, be it Lalgarh or the streets of Srinagar, sooner we realise and take required steps; lesser we take time to solve problems at domestic fronts. The incidents like this certainly diminish the image of an organisation which largely works between people. A misdeed by a man in uniform brings a black spot to the organisation, he belongs to. Two days after the incident, I read about the killing of a few CRPF personnel by Maoists and I realised that I dint feel the pain as strongly as I used to feel earlier.

2 comments:

  1. :) to that man in uniform I would like to say, "God Bless You". Reason is he is not aware of what he is doing. When he will realize he would have hurt many with his such act. It is wisely being said, as you filter your water, filter your speech, I would say filter your deeds or act as well. Whatever good or bad you do within a day, its result will come to you sooner or later.

    Many a times I have observed men in uniform behaving like this. I remember when I was a teenager. We were going to south in a trip. I was standing on the station there was a group of men in uniform busy in himself. I wanted to have something for me. So I took permission of my parents and went near the stall where the group was. The way one of the men in uniform looked at me was strange and then when i left i was able to hear some comment.

    They hardly know that with uniform you get responsibility. In training camps they are physically trained but they are not trained how to behave with civilians. Shall I say that, until men learn to give respect to women these issues will be there. Shall I say that, until men learn how to behave with other men, these issues will be there. Reform is required within one self. isn't?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous said...I would like to say man are man wether in uniform or without uniform, more importnat is attitude, athics , values and moral. many of we have experienced that sometime in uniform person start taking disadvantage.

    so these all comes from the up bringing/fostering.

    ReplyDelete

your comment please