poems

Tuesday 21 September, 2010

MOTHERHOOD

           These days I am engrossed with nature’s play of regeneration. A brown coloured bird, maina, had laid five eggs, in the ventilator of my toilet. The mother always took me as intruder and raised alarm each time I entered the toilet. I was not lesser happy than the mother, when one after another, five small featherless birds came out of the eggs. Their arrival has made the environment colourful. At every slightest sound they happily chirp raising their heads, opening their tiny yellow coloured beaks wide and stretching their necks, as long as they can. Their eyes are still close their bodies are growing golden feathers, slowly golden colour is converted in to grey but their wings are still like small arms though each day the feathers on them are denser. Their mother brings food for them which, mostly consists of insects and larvae. They rejoice her arrival by shouting. She breaks the food into pieces and distributes it to everyone, evenly. I silently watch the show of love and affection as inside being dark it’s not possible for the mother to see me, Thanks to wire-mesh fitted in the ventilator. I can have closer look of the nest kept in five feet some inches high ventilator. Whenever i enter the toilet the small bird shout thinking me to be their mother but mother isn’t relying on me she makes noise to keep me away, if she caches me ‘red handed’ perhaps she has doubts on my intentions. I wonder how a mother protects and cares for her children for their security she doesn’t trust anyone. Motherhood is a gift which God has bestowed only on females, males of all species can be envious of it. But I salute you motherhood.

2 comments:

  1. yes,being mother is the best feeling of this universe. Though science have developed clone but they would not have been able to find the exact time when female conceive. But God has set an alarm in her body which gives a signal that she has conceived with a light on her face, happiness in her heart. A mother of any spieces communicates in a silent language of feelings, touch when the baby has not touch the earth.
    Hope people value motherhood and don't throw eggs or kill girl child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not only the act of nursing a baby after his or her birth but it is a joy of every moment she experiences when the baby develops in her womb. she can feel the breathe of it. she can experience the lil' hand and limbs growing inside her and feel happy about it. Motherhood starts from the very day when the foetus just Starts Developing And Continues till the end. As We All Say, Motherhood completes a female. (:

    ReplyDelete

your comment please