poems

Saturday 13 March, 2010

women reservation bill

         One of my friends, Kuheli, has raised eyebrows about my writing a blog on this subject. She feels it’s a common point and every one will write about this. But I feel so tempted to write in this regard but some engagements ve delayed me to write on the subject. I ve been asked if I m for or against this reservation. And my answer is I m both. Women are ACTUALLY suffering and with this reservation initially, indeed, wives and daughters of politicians will come but slowly things will improve. And educated and enlightened women will come forward. Soon we might get some good legislation passed which will stop atrocities against women.

       But again, the parliament is four sided now, ruling party versus opposition and men vs women. Three women namely Maya, Mamta and Jaya made Vajpayee Govt defunct many times and now they are one third. We should be ready for more drama in parliament. Already some so called women empowerment societies are active in engineering cracks in homes. And now we'll have a legislation to do that in parliament



No comments:

Post a Comment

your comment please