poems

Wednesday 31 March, 2010

Spring in Bangalore

       I am in Bangalore. The spring is adding colours to the city of gardens. Violet flowers on big trees attract me and then envious pink ones call me from another tree, clouds float over the head, plying hide and seek with the sun and funny thing I have been asked by a kid, recently, if I like hide and seek. Some naughty cloud drops few tiny droplets over me and smiles. Petals are scattered on the road. I ve seen Bangalore changing from good to worst. This time I see construction for metro-rail and fly-ways in progress. And I found that a lot of trees have been cut to facilitate the construction. But there is a hope in me, the nature lovers Bangaloreans (hope I m pardoned for not spelling it Bengaluru) will strive their best to plant more and more trees.
      I am a member of 350.org; this is an international movement aiming to bring down carbon emission to 350 ppm (parts per million CO2) which is considered as safe limit for humanity. It is believed that this is only by attaining the 350 ppm we can control global warming. Some small island countries like Maldives are feared to be drowned if 350 is not attained. But people are not still sensitive about global warming they are using more and more ACs, wastage of electricity is rampant, more and more vehicles are coming to roads, none cares to plant trees, they do not minimize using polythene. Ultimately this so called development is bringing the doomed day closer and closer. We are not bothered to make this planate safe for the coming generations.
      Present generation has witnessed many spectacular shows of nature, its not strange if it witnesses one more ……….the end of life on earth.

1 comment:

  1. topic you raised in this topic is very relevant and burning not only for bangalore but for all the developing cities also.you made very nice analysis on this topic and i hope that all the policy makers will take care of your thoughts while making develeopment programs.very nice raj.

    ReplyDelete

your comment please