poems

Tuesday 13 April, 2010

Prayers Change Things

      I thank my friend Deepali as I borrowed this title 'Prayers Change Things' from her blog
http://www.myblessedworld.blogspot.com/.
        Devraj Bhatkar is the person whom I met in my recent trip to Ratnagiri where I went in connection with conducting a Mango show. ‘Deva’ they call him there! He is a cool guy who took me around. Ratnagiri is a beautiful hilly area in the Konkan Coast. Where Arabian Sea washes the picturesque green hills. He took me to the shrine of Swami Shraddhanand of Nath School. He was a great saint and people there have lot of faith in him. While doing parikrama we reached behind the sanctum sanctorum, Deva took out a one rupee coin and placed it on the wall and the coin sticked there! “Magnet!” This was the word which I uttered unintentionally. Deva gave me the coin and I placed it on the wall. ‘Tannnnnn’ was the sound there, the coin would not stick! I picked it and again tried, same tannnn! One more try but same result! Deva took the coin touched it on his forehead and placed on the wall. The coin sticked again. I realized my mistake. I should have not disputed any ones faith.
        Yes prayers change things!

1 comment:

  1. Hey,

    I am happy to know that , i thought that I was the only person learning from you as u inspire me so much , but i am touched dear

    ReplyDelete

your comment please